Dear PTI Trolls,
May Peace be upon you!
By the way, you have given a very rosy picture of Khan. He is nothing of what you wrote above in the light of facts. Not even as cricketer. Waseem Bhai and Inzi are many times better cricketers than him. And you missed the whole point. Where is the change? Change doesn’t happen with Lotas. And you haven’t said a word about problems of Pakistan… THE REAL problems. Let me shed some light.
(1) Pakistan is facing electricity shortage whereas Pakistan has world’s largest rivers and huge energy potential both in renewable such as wind or solar and conventional such as coal. Thar has Trillions KG of coal reserves over the ground. And it is expected that there are more underneath if explored. BUT Pakistan is facing 8 hours power outages even in winters. Why? The answer is not that Zardari did it or Musharraf did it. The answer is that Provinces are not ready to share her resources with center due to differences over the sharing of resources with Federation. KPK and Sindh are against KBD. What is Imran Khan’s say on this real issue? Has he given any plan that how he will change? Where is the plan about the distribution of resources with Federation? PTI Trolls say that Imran Khan will make consensus over the construction of Big Dams such as Kalabagh Dam and Attock Gorge Project… Isn’t it what we have been hearing since 1960s? Where is the change? How will you create consensus? With Solomon’s Book of Wisdom?
(2) Pakistan is suffering from gas shortage whereas country has world’s largest untouched gas reserves in Balochistan, Sindh, KPK and parts of North Western Punjab. And due to royalty issue over natural gas, Baloch separatists have emerged. They have just one demand: Federation should stop exploiting their natural wealth. And what is Imran Khan’s say on this? Few weeks ago, PTI Trolls were calling Talal Bugti as a patriotic Pakistani and when he hushed Imran Khan away by calling him ‘agent’ of Establishment, PTI Trolls called him traitor! What is Imran Khan’s say on Balochistan issue? Issue is the same: distribution of resources and autonomy from Center. Imran Khan has nothing to say about this problem and he has no plan. We have been hearing from all previous governments that they would resolve the differences with Baloch nationalists but none has done anything practical. Imran Khan has nothing to say about how he will resolve the differences. So where is the change?
(3) Imran Khan talks about spending ‘more’ on Healthcare and education but on the same time he also shouts much about doubling the current defense budget. Question is how will you divert the Healthcare and Education budget while keeping the current defense budget intact? Pakistan’s largest chunk of budget goes to defense. Again he has not presented any real plan that how he will divert the funding towards these critically important sectors while keeping the current spending intact? So where is the change as we have heard these hollow promises from all previous leaders too?
(4) Imran Khan’s foreign policy is an ’embryo already dead’. He is riding the wave of Anti-Americanism but my question is that how he will run the country without foreign aid? America is not alone and isolated in the world. Whole Europe (save 2, 3 countries of Eastern Europe) are with her. Animosity with America means Animosity with whole Europe and American friends including Saudi Arabia. We have seen how Saudi Arabia left Husn-e-Mubrak or Zaini Ali when Uncle Sam turned against them. So how can we afford animosity with USA when our country is being run on aid with no real GDP of her own??? Animosity with America means stoppage of all direct and indirect aid from all the countries of world. Even Chinese economy is based on American economy so China will never go out of way to defend us from America if it is on the cost of her economy. What is Imran Khan’s say on this? Reports circulated in papers that Imran Khan and PTI met with Ambassador Munter and told him that Imran and PTI are ready to work with Americans. Well, is it change then? We have heard the same from all governments since 1954 but no one actually did anything. So where is the change?
(5) Imran Khan says that he will tax the rich. But we know that most of the rich are big rural land owners (including Khan) and Ulema have already ruled out imposition of Tax or Zakat on Agricultural land and landmark judgment of the Shariat Appellate Bench of the Supreme Court of Pakistan in the Qazalbash Waqf case (Qazalbash Waqf v. Chief Land Commissioner, Punjab and others – reported as PLD 1990 SC 99) on August 10, 1989 (made effective from March 23, 1990). The judgment was split 3-2 in favor of declaring the various questions rose on land reforms as un-Islamic. The composition of the Shariat Appellate Bench is such that it has five judges, three from amongst the Judges of the Supreme Court and two ulema judges from the Federal Shariat Court. The ulema judges on the bench were Mufti Muhammad Taqi Usmani and Pir Karam Shah (Mufti Muhammad Karam Shah). The two ulema judges were of the opinion that the said reforms were un-Islamic. So Imran Khan will lock horns with Islamists who deem Tax on agricultural land as against Islam along with land reforms? Well, Imran Khan is blue-eyed-boy of Islamists and Taliban these days so how he will implement the land reforms that are pending since 1949? The reason: Islamists are against any land reforms so will he tax already burdened salaried class of this country that are already buried under huge tax? Where is change? All previous governments did the same! PTI Trolls said that Imran Khan will divert maximum work force towards agriculture. How? Well, when the land will be possessed by big Zameendaars then how will you divert maximum workforce towards it? Will you support Mazara culture? So where is the change?
(6) Imran Khan’s policy about FATA is flawed. PTI Trolls talk that he says “Even British didn’t succeed in occupying FATA”. The only book that all PTI Trolls quote is ‘The Pathans’ by Olaf Caroe. Whereas when you read the book, reality is otherwise. British Crown needed a spring of mercenaries that she achieved by keeping Tribal Areas of North West Hindustan illiterate and away from civilization. Imran Khan talks about reintroducing infamous FCR ordinance of British Raj over FATA and Sandeman’s Reforms in Balochistan. Where is the change? Why don’t we realize that FCR or Sandeman’s reforms were designed to benefit a foreign invader who occupied and ruled Hindustan without any right! Imran Khan has not given any plan that how he will cull the militancy and Jihadi export from Tribal Areas with FCR! Well, change is that we should implement educational reforms in FATA and Balochistan and give Balochistan their rightful share of royalties. But what Imran Khan has said over this issue? Nothing! So where is the change?
(7) Imran Khan, in the beginning, promised that he will bring new faces in politics. But, sadly, his team is all old. Well, its 90% of the team of Musharraf (who he hates so much). Musharraf didn’t make his policies alone. It was his team that gave the input and Pakistan started to pave the path on which we currently are. So where is the change? For example look at Khursheed Mahmood Kasuri. He was FM of Pakistan during the time of Musharraf and he made critical decisions regarding foreign policy including giving permissions to Americans to use Pakistani bases and all the deals of War against Terrorism. If he was such patriotic and ‘clean’ then why he remained with Musharraf since his last days? Same is the case with Mian Azhar and other politicians. Some are leftover of Zia’s bash with CIA during CIA-sponsored Afghan Jihad of 80s and some are leftover of the legacy of Zia’s prodigal children and Musharraf so where is the change???
(8) Imran Khan’s career as Captain is also not clean. It has been tainted by match fixing and other personal affairs of him that are not worthy to be discussed so it is foolish to see him as clean. Yes, he has not been tried. But again is our country a game that here we try new faces with old team and such kind of stuff? It is looking like 1971 and what’s Imran say on this? Nothing!
(9) Imran confessed today on a program of Salim Safi on Geo News that he accepted donations as large as 2 million from ‘Donors’. Who are these donors? Aren’t they the same as those of IJI of late 80s? So where is the change? Imran Khan has not come clean over his enormous properties and plots especially the one that he accepted as ‘gift’ from Sharifs during 80s. So where is the change? Isn’t it same status-quo? Why our eyes are closed?
(10) Imran Khan is afraid of Taliban. He confessed it on Jirga by Salim Safi on Geo News today. So if a person is afraid of our real enemies who have killed scores of innocent Pakistanis then where is the change? Sadly our country is blinded by the conspiracy theories where Pakistan is Damsel in Distress and whole world is wolf! Reality is otherwise! He is supporting Taliban and Taliban deem everyone who is against their vision of Islam as ‘kafir’. It is not even a secret! They have taken responsibility of many atrocious acts of terrorism against Pakistanis. Our previous governments were also nurturing Taliban during good old days for strategic depth inside our neighbor’s territories and Imran Khan promises to do the same. So where is the change?
I want to know!